6.25.2009

Bald, Bald, Bald

Every time I have hair and the boyfriend shaves it all off I feel a little apprehensive. Even though I really want it to be gone and to be as bald as the day is long, it has taken time to get to its current length and shaving my head means I'll have to start over if I want to let it grow. This time was no different. And, as is always the case in this situation, my hair has been clipped off and thrown away, my scalp is smooth, and I love it and wonder why I was ever sorry to see it go.

When I asked the boyfriend to make a deal the other day he was reluctant to give me an answer. He loves my shaved head, but he feels the same sense of loss when my hair is taken away, so his answer was never more definitive than, "We'll see." Tonight I was shopping for HeadBlade cartridges at Walgreen's (I'm going to keep shaving my head as long as I can get away with it) and when I picked up a package and commented that they were on sale, he whispered in my ear as he reached past me for a second package saying, "We'd better get more; I plan on keeping you shaved for a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment