7.28.2009

Bald Perfection

The biggest drawback of my haircut of choice is the maintenance. Women at work comment how much easier it must be, and how much time I must save. They don't realize that I go from crystal ball to sand paper in about 12 hours, and that it takes 20 minutes in the shower with the HeadBlade for my scalp to be as smooth as I want it to be.

They might argue that I save time on washing and drying, but my hair was so low-maintenance it's not even funny. It rarely ever actually needed to be brushed, even right out of the shower; I would just run my fingers through it and I was good to go, no matter how long or short it was. Sometimes I would use a hair dryer, but even that didn't take much time.
I'm groping my naked scalp right now, just having gotten out of the shower, and it feels flawless but I know that if I really searched I could find several spots that could be smoother. My hair grows in so many different directions that shaving my head isn't as easy as front-to-back on the top and sides and back-to-front in the back.

I really wish that there were a way I could just have no hair for as long as I wanted with little to no upkeep, and that I could just switch back to 'grow' when I wanted. But there's not, so I'll keep spending my evenings in search of the perfect shave.

No comments:

Post a Comment